Saturday, February 3, 2018

[Spellbinders] Romantic Flower Cards using Poppies Etched Dies




Hello, crafty friends !
Today  I had fun making some romantic flower cards using the dies from Spellbinders.



The die set I'm going to feature is Shaperbilities Poppies Etched Dies S4-815.
To begin, I die cut the poppies from a heavy weight watercolor card stock, then colored them using Distress inks or other watercolor mediums.





For the first card, I colored poppies die cuts using distress inks then applied some Wink of Stella on them.
I used Worn Lipstick, Picked Raspberry, Tea Dye, Seedless preserves for petals, Mowed lawn and Peacock Feathers for stem and leaves. 




I also made a second diecut using silver vellum paper to lay beneath the colored poppies.
For the card frames, I cut some floral pattern papers using  A2 Tranquil Moments Card Creator Etched Dies S5-216 from Spellbinders and layered them using foam tapes.
Then I thought the flowers need some friends, so I added a piece of butterfly from Shaperbilities Wreath Elements Etched Dies four seasons by Lene Lok S5-338 , which was blended with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. 



As a final touch, silk ribbon bows and semi round pearls were used.



For the second card, I colored poppies using Daniel Smith Watetcolors, and the butterfly was blended using distress inks. 




I also used clear vellum paper die cut beneath the colored poppies, which gives the card more dimension and elegant look.




Main Daniel Smith Colors I used are Quinacridone Coral, Prussian Green, and Quinacridone gold. 
For the card frame, I used A2 Devine Eloquence Card Creator Etched Dies S5-218 and I inked the edges of frames using a little bit of Tea Dye to give some vintage look.




Now the two cards are finished.
I love how the poppies look well with the elegant frame dies and butterfiles, I also love how the colored poppies gave focal interest to the cards.




Which one is your favorite? 





Thanks for reading this post. I hope you enjoyed it.
Supplies are linked in the context and described below as well.
Have a good day!
Marge ♡



Supplies I used :
Dies are all from Spellbinders.

Dovercraft Designer Paper Pack- Floral Muse 6x6
Craft and You Design - My wedding 6x6 

North Coast Creations Floral Sentiments 2








No comments:

Post a Comment